Deep Dive consultation on Digital Inclusion and Connectivity for the Global Digital Compact
Advocacy associate Viraj Desai represented IT for Change during a Deep Dive consultation on Digital Inclusion and Connectivity for for the Global Digital Compact on 27 March 2023.
- How can governments, international organizations, private companies, and civil society work together to close the digital divide and improve access, skills, and meaningful connectivity for all?
- What actions should be taken to enable digital inclusion for all?
- What policies, frameworks and programs have proven to be most successful and should be scaled up and adapted to other contexts to foster digital inclusion?
- Dedicated public finance funding for a new global work program to equip Low and Middle Income countries (LMICs) and Least Developed Countries (LDCs) with public digital infrastructure, including public platforms, data, and Artificial Intelligence
- Foregrounding digital and infrastructural capabilities
- Shifting investment and government policy to promote ecologically sustainable, gender just alternative platforms
- a strong rule-of-law approach which outlaws digital services which erode our human rights.
To learn more about the intervention, read it in full.